About the University of Saskatchewan Language Centre (USLC)
We welcome the world.
- began operation in 1980
- located in the historic R.J.D. Williams Building at 221 Cumberland Avenue North in Saskatoon
- Our full-time ESL program for international students is a ten week course offered four times per year.
- International students who wish to study at the University of Saskatchewan may be conditionally admitted to the University while they complete their English program.
- Students who successfully complete the top level of the full-time ESL program (Advanced Academic English: UPrep 2) will be considered as having met English proficiency requirements for the University of Saskatchewan and can begin their academic studies without any further English testing.
- We also provide instruction in many other languages, including French, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin and German >> learn more
- We develop learning materials, offer translation services, curriculum development and teacher training.
- We also offer a distance education program in written French and short immersion programs in French and Spanish >> learn more
We also offer ESL teacher-training, including the Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (CERTESL) distance program and the face-to-face program in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL).