USask Bridging Scholarship

For International students applying for joint admission (undergraduate + ESL) and qualify for placement in Level 4: University Bridging will be considered automatically upon admission.

For NEW students entering Level 4 Bridging only.

Students will be notified before their EAP term if they have been awarded and the credit is applied to their student account towards their first term of full-time undergraduate tuition.

Five awards per term

Value: $1500 each

English for Academic Purposes Scholarship

Open to students who have completed U-Prep 2 (Level 4 Academic Success) and are transferring to an undergraduate program at the University of Saskatchewan.

Determined by academic achievement and participation in the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program, as determined by the Award Committee

Four awards per academic year

Value: $2500 each award


USLC EAP Entrance Bursary


  1. Over the age of 18 and,
  2. Either:
    • A Canadian Citizen
    • A Permanent Resident
    • A Refugee, or have
    • Canada-Ukraine authoritization for emergency travel (CUAET) and,
  3. A new student at the Language Centre (have not studied in our full-time program previously) and,
  4. Have a financial need (described as the difference between the cost of the program and the ability to pay)

Application requirements:

  • A written statement demonstrating financial need and interest in learning English at the USLC
  • Deadline to apply:
    • Fall term - July 15th - Extended to August 15th for 2022
    • Winter term - November 15th
    • Spring/Summer term - March 15th


  • Students who defer registration will forfeit their bursary, however, they may reapply again at a later date

Value: $2,500 per consecutive term of the program (deferrals are not eligible for future funding)

Bursaries will be awareded August, 1st, December 1st, and April 1st annually. 

Next application window for Spring/Summer term opens February 2023

Student loans

Government of Saskatchewan Student Loans

Open to Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents registered in the full-time EAP program.

Goverment of Canada Student Loans

Open to Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents registered in the full-time EAP program.


Contact us with any questions you might have